The technologies for testing the Autonomic Nervous System have evolved tremendously since they emerged more than 10 years ago. The systems are faster, more accurate, easier to operate & integrate multiple testing modalities into one device. The ANS Sudomotor combined system is the most advanced technology available for Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) testing.
The ANS Sudomotor combined device is a revolutionary system that combines multiple parameters into one single system. The system is unique in that it is capable of performing multiple billable studies simultaneous plus offers a unique Cardio Metabolic Risk (CMR) Score.
Details of the System Include:
- Autonomic Function – sympathetic & parasympathetic monitoring via Heart Rate Variability (HRV). ANS testing is useful in patients with symptoms, chronic diseases & those on various medical therapies (beta blockers, hypertensives etc).
- Sudomotor Function – foot plate tests micro circulatory dysfunction, detects the onset of any peripheral microvascular or neuropathic damage (peripheral neuropathy)
- Peripheral Arterial Assessment – provides a bilateral peripheral arterial assessment via ankle brachial index to help clinicians identify the underlying cause (vascular or neuropathic in origin) of symptoms of pain or numbness in the peripheral system.
- Cardiovascular Assessment – provides hemodynamic parameters such as heart rate (BPM), stroke volume, cardiac output, systemic vascular resistance, arterial stiffness, inflammation & detects endothelial dysfunction.
**$330+ Reimbursement for 7 Minute Test !!
Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) testing is proven to be useful for a variety of clinical applications including identify cardiovascular risk, early detection of diabetes, detection of microvascular & neuropathic disorders as well as help guide pharmacological therapies & lifestyle changes. With ANS assessment, Sudomotor function & cardiovascular function, you will have (arguably) one of the most powerful physiological diagnostic tools to identify the onset or existing complications from diabetic autonomic neuropathy (DAN) & Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy (CAN). It is well known that from clinical studies that patients with Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy (CAN) are 2-3 times greater risk of serious adverse cardiovascular events and/or mortality. Other studies show an increase in risk of sudden death to be 5 times greater over 5 years. This represents one of the biggest risk factors in cardiovascular medicine.
Summary of Recommended Clinical Applications of the ANS Sudomotor ABI System:
- Cardiovascular & neuropathic complications from diabetes
- Assess cardiovascular risk/complications from autonomic disorders (inability to regulate heart rate & Blood Pressure)
- Assess peripheral (microvascular & neuropathic) damage via sudomotor function
- Testing for the origin of Syncope
- Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- Orthostatic Hypotention
- Testing for cardiac autonomic neuropathy (increases mortality risk by 5x in 5 years)
- Assess patient risk of sudden death (Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy)
- Assess dosage for beta blocker therapy in patients with vasopressor syncope.
- Early detection of complications of diabetes
- Testing for peripheral neuropathy
- Testing for Diabetic autonomic neuropathy
- Testing for other neuropathic disorders
- Testing to identify any evidence or severity of peripheral vascular disease
- Identify underlying cause of various symptoms to determine treatment options
- Repeat testing to assess response to pharmacological agents
- Repeat testing to monitor disease progression
ANS System Configurations
- Sudopath Plus (Sudomotor only System)
- ANS Sudopath Complex (ANS + Sudomotor) DEMO UNIT AVAILABLE FOR SALE !!
- ANS Sudopath Plus (ANS + Sudomotor + ABI)
Billing CPT Codes with ANS Systems:
- 95921 – Parasympathetic Code
- 95923 – Sudomotor response
- 93922 – Lower level arterial assessment (ABI)
For more billing information, click Billing & Reimbursement.